Grade F, £20,344 rising to £21,589 pro-rata
The position of Learning Support Assistant is an exciting opportunity to assist in the support and inclusion of a named child. You will be supporting pupil’s academic and social communication needs (linked to diagnosis of autism) and to support positive social and emotional wellbeing, enabling them to engage in learning in and out of the School environment.
The position of LSA is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and compassionate individual to lead lessons, interventions and support our learners in a wide range of subjects across the curriculum.
• To have a good knowledge and understanding of autism and social communication needs and appropriate strategies to support pupils with this need.
• To have knowledge and understanding of social, emotional & mental health needs and cognitive needs, that affect children and young people’s development.
• Excellent listening skills
• An ability to build strong, trusting relationships
• To be resilient and able to take regular responsibility for agreed learning
• Promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities
• To use positive and personalised behaviour management strategies
We offer a competitive salary plus LGPS pension, great career progression and development opportunities with many other benefits. In addition, we can offer you:
More on how to apply
• The support of our experienced team in developing your classroom practice.
• A hardworking but caring environment where the children thrive.
• Working with children who have a desire to learn and do well.
• Providing you with the opportunity to work alongside other members of the school and academy trust staff
195 pupils enrolled
5 to 19
About The Springfields Academy
The Springfields Academy is a Reach South Academy for young people aged 5-19 with autism. We have 150 pupils attending our Calne site and 40 pupils at our satellite provision in Salisbury. Our goal is to build safe independent lives for autistic young people through support, understanding and enablement.
Springfields is a fantastic, vibrant and caring community that engages pupils and develops positive attitudes to learning. Our autism approach is accessed by all our pupils and is personalised to meet specific needs. All our pupils have an education, health and care plan.
Curzon Street, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 0DS