Inspire and transform learning with us at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham. We are currently looking to appoint a split role Teaching Assistant / 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to attend to pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
Our Academy opened in September 2015 in order to provide high quality primary places for local families. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success.
We are part of a Federation of schools with an established track record in Bromley and across London. Our staff team is committed to ensuring that all of our children access the highest quality education in a safe and nurturing environment.
We believe that all children can achieve and know that it is our job as educators to do everything possible to enable children to reach their potential. We are lucky to have a bright, modern and welcoming building for our school community. We are situated amongst green spaces opposite Kelsey Park, just a short walk from Beckenham Junction rail station.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
As Learning Support Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Attending to the pupil's personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters
- Working with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to support the implementation of person centred planning and targets for SEND pupils
- Liaising with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented
- Supervising and support SEND pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establishing good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
As part of making reasonable adjustments for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities, it will sometimes be necessary to direct LSAs to support pupil's intimate care needs in line with the academy Intimate Care Policy and to maintain the pupils health, safety and personal dignity.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.