Ark Boulton Academy
One-to-One & Mobility Support Assistant (Male)
Location: Sparkbrook, Birmingham
Salary: Ark Support Staff Band 5 (£23,500 - £26,421) Outside London
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 23rd February 2024
Exciting opportunity for a passionate One-to-One & Mobility Support Assistant to join Ark Boulton’s community in the heart of Sparkhill.
To work under the direct instruction/guidance of the leader of enhanced provision and classroom teacher to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for a pupil with a physical disability and / educational health care plan. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Supervise and provide particular support throughout the day (including at break and lunchtimes) for a pupil(s) in Key Stage 3 and or 4 with a physical disability or EHCP / or who is in the process of receiving an EHCP, ensuring his / her safety and access to learning activities.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Assist with the development and implementation of personal profiles/ Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes for the said pupil
· Attend to the pupil's personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
· Provide practical help including ensuring the pupil in question’s safety in activities such as swimming and educational visits/residential trips and in practical subjects such as P.E., Science, Art, Drama, Music and Design technology.
View the full job description and person specification here.
By joining Ark Boulton Academy means, you become part of a network of education experts who are all united by the same purpose - a commitment to making a difference where it matters most.
Each day is unique for our team, as they collectively support the activities within and outside the school. Our consortium of creative and resourceful team members ensure we go above and beyond in order to constantly improve our service to the community we serve. Our strapline ‘growing together, reaching higher 'applies as much to our staff as our students. We recognise that the health and wellbeing of our staff will affect that of our students. For this reason, we have invested in developing our wellbeing room and other initiatives to care for our whole school community.
Our staff are a valuable and integral part of our community and are given the room to grow and develop in an encouraging, challenging and rewarding environment. They are role-models and ambassadors for Boulton on a professional and public level. They reflect the virtues we promote which include courage, self-discipline, commitment, and honesty.
By becoming a member of our school family, you will embrace multiple opportunities for personal and professional development, not just within the school, but from the internationally renowned Ark family of schools we are a part of. Through Ark, our staff can share best practice and receive training from some of the most talented individuals in the country.
Find out more about us by visiting www.arkboulton.org.
Specific benefits at Ark Boulton include:
- Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning, soup for lunch and lunch for those on duty. We have parking available, a gym on site and a well-equipped staff room including a pool table.
- Our systems and processes for communication, marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research led and based on the needs of our local context. For instance, at present we do not use traditional book marking across the school.
- On Fridays, children finish at 1.25pm, giving time and space for professional development amongst staff.
- Staff voice is important to us; we like to listen to our staff. We are always seeking feedback and input from our staff.
How to apply:
Please visit www.arkboulton.org/vacancies and submit your application by the deadline. Please note we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Early application is strongly advised.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for any questions, please contact Amal Hersi on email@example.com.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This job post has expired.