- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours per week Term Time plus 5 days
- Contract type
- £16473 - £168022
• To assist and enable learners to take part in adult-led learning through engaging, lively sessions alongside the teacher.
• To support children in child-initiated learning through challenge, play and provision activities. This will involve a range of both indoor and outdoor learning on a daily basis.
• Work with children to collect a range of evidence supporting children’s learning; for example through observations, work in books, adult-led activities and a variety of other sources as necessary to deliver the curriculum.
• To work with teachers to produce resources, and contribute to collaborative planning. To work with teachers to differentiate resources ensuring they meet the needs of all learners, including those with additional needs.
• To provide interventions and 1:1 or small group support as directed by the class teacher.
Applying for the job
Via website or school websiteMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 2 to 18
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 1761 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 18
About Bradford Academy
Bradford Academy ‘continues to be good. Relationships between adults and pupils and between pupils are cordial and open. This means that there is an atmosphere of mutual respect and care in the school. This has a very positive impact on learning and pupils’ progress’. Ofsted 2017
We have recently celebrated our tenth anniversary and continue to be judged by Ofsted as a ‘good school’. Having expanded our age range with Learners from the ages of 2 to 19, you will appreciate that this is no mean feat and we don’t sit still. We invest in supporting our Learners and our staff - we know that they are integral to our success.
Bradford holds a vibrant, diverse community and possesses unique character. Its diversity reflects Britain. The Academy plays an important part in preparing young people for life in our complex society. Learners are prepared to be active participants in their own communities through developing relationships and understanding the importance of exercising their voice. We hold this dear and believe it to be a major reason behind our success. We are developing leaders for the future; both staff and Learners. If you share our drive to make the school outstanding, make things happen and want to place your efforts where employees and students are known, valued and understood then we want to hear from you.
Arranging a visit to Bradford Academy
Either contact HR on 01274256789 or firstname.lastname@example.org