- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider part-time, term time
Position 1 in Year 6 is 20 hours per week (8.30am - 12.30pm Mon - Fri) and Position 2 in Year 3 is 20 hours per week (11.00am - 3.00pm Mon - Fri).
- Contract type
- Fixed term (until 31/08/2022 in the first instance. )
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £20,092 - £21,748 per annum
- Actual salary
- £9,260.32 - £10,023.57 per annum
We are seeking to appoint 2 enthusiastic and hardworking Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistants to join our fantastic team to provide 1:1 support for two children in KS2 with special educational needs.
The positions are as follows:-
Position 1 Year 6 20 hours per week (8.30am – 12.30pm Mon – Fri)
Position 2 Year 3 20 hours per week (11.00am – 3.00pm Mon – Fri)
The positions are term time only with 5 teacher training days per academic year. The roles are both fixed term contracts until 31st August 2022 in the first instance.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who:
- Have an NVQ Level 2 childcare related qualification (or equivalent).
- Have a good understanding of how children learn and develop.
-Experience of supporting SEND would be an advantage
- Ideally have experience of working in a primary school.
- Are able to support the class teacher in meeting the needs of all children.
- Are able to work with individuals and small groups of children.
- Are able to plan programmes of work for focus groups of pupils under the direction of the class teacher and SENCO.
- Are motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable.
- Can show initiative and are able to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
In return we can offer:
-Children who are eager to learn.
-A forward-looking school with high expectations of all.
-A welcoming, supportive and committed staff team.
-A positive and encouraging environment in which to work and learn.
-Opportunities to develop professionally.
To be considered for this role it is preferable you have previous experience of working with children with special educational needs and challenging behaviours.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 23rd September. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted further. Please note we only accept applications made directly to school by candidates via our application process and not via recruitment agencies.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 507 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Long Lawford Primary School
Long Lawford Primary School is a large 3 form entry primary school situated in the village of Long Lawford, Rugby. We are a happy, forward thinking school, passionate about ensuring all children have access to the highest quality education in a safe and stimulating environment.
Long Lawford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.