will be accepted sooner and suitable candidates potentially interviewed earlier
Our experienced Head teacher and her supportive senior
leadership team are looking for one
to one teaching assistant to join them on a temporary basis to support a named
child with funding in year 4. This position is depended on the child, as long
as the child remains at the school and funding is in place the position will be
required. A teaching assistant with a named child/children is responsible for
ensuring that learning and teaching is highly effective and that the name
pupil(s) can achieve their maximum potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with the class teacher and
SENDCo on identified priorities.
- Support a clear and soundly based educational
vision, ethos and direction that promote and support pupils’ learning and
their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Work with
named child/children to ensure they make good to outstanding progress.
- Meet as arranged and / or as necessary with the
class teacher, members of SLT and SENDCo.
- To undertake relevant
training and professional development in line with the school development plan.
At The Pioneer
Academy, we take the wellbeing and mental health of our staff seriously which
is why we are committed to regular reviews of staff well-being and reducing
staff workload. We create bespoke career pathways for every member of staff,
identifying and growing talent, with outstanding professional development
opportunities at every stage of your career.
We also have an Employee Assistance Programme with a range of resources
to support wellbeing which is available to all employees and their immediate
family members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What we offer
- A friendly, dedicated staff team who believe in teamwork and building
positive relationships across the school, the Trust and in the local community.
- High quality development programme with induction programmes for all
- Excellent CPD opportunities,
- Annual conferences with keynote speakers.
- Access to professional coaching.
- A supportive and collaborative working ethos, including support from
the Trust’s Central Executive Team and a range of experts, such as specialists
in pupil welfare, SEND and behaviour.
- Termly forums to increase collaboration and reduce workload.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme including free counselling.
- Access to discounted wrap around childcare for staff.
- Free academy-wide social events throughout the year.
Vetting checks, in line with the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, will be completed following a provisional offer of appointment. Where applicable, if an applicant with a provisional offer of employment has lived and/or worked outside the UK, they will be required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct.
The Pioneer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. Our school Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded and read on our website.
This job post has expired.