- KS1, KS2
- View all Part timejobs
- 25 hours per week, 9.00am – 12.00noon and then 1.00pm – 3.00pm Monday to Friday, 38 weeks per year (term time, excluding TD days).
- Fixed term (the contract will end when he/she leaves Greentrees Primary School or no longer needs support.)
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- £20,852 pro rata, per annum
- Actual salary £11,780 per annum
1:1 Teaching Assistant job summary
1:1 Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Pickwick Academy Trust would like to recruit a part-time Teaching Assistant to support a named child on a 1:1 basis, based at Greentrees Primary School. The appointment will be fixed-term due to funding for a named child and the contract will end when he/she leaves Greentrees Primary School or no longer needs support.
Hours: 25 hours per week, 9.00am – 12.00noon and then 1.00pm – 3.00pm Monday to Friday, 38 weeks per year (term time, excluding TD days).
Salary: E8 £20,852 pro rata, per annum (actual salary £11,780 per annum).
Start date: September 2022
We are looking to appoint a committed and flexible teaching assistant, to support a named child on a 1:1 basis. Experience in KS1 is desired. The successful candidate will need excellent communication and liaison skills and will be closely supported by a class teacher and wider team in the role of Teaching Assistant.
Duties will include:
• Supporting pupils learning, either in groups or through 1:1 work. The exact tasks will depend on the learning support needs of the pupil/s
• Supporting pupils self-esteem, inclusion and behavioural development plus pastoral needs
• Provide physical/personal care to pupils where required
• Supporting the Teacher/s
• Supporting the curriculum - Support the delivery of the English and Mathematics curriculum along with other aspects of both the National Curriculum and the enhanced curriculum offered by the school.
• Support the school e.g. assisting with setting up, storing and retrieving and general maintenance of classroom equipment and teaching aids.
The jobholder must demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This will involve undertaking annual Safeguard training and using school reporting systems for any Safeguard concerns.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further information.
Interested candidates are required to complete and return an application form by 12noon on Friday 24th June 2022.
Interviews will be conducted on Friday 8th July 2022.
Please download an application form and information pack from the school’s website www.greentrees-school.com (This is shown under the ‘Information, Vacancies’ section). Please return your completed application form to Recruitment@pickwickacademytrust.co.uk
At Pickwick Academy Trust we are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we require anyone joining our school to actively contribute to this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020
Pickwick Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all. Our aim is to ensure that no applicant or employee is discriminated against or is disadvantaged by policies, procedures, conditions or requirements.
This job post has expired.