The Governors of St. David’s C of E Primary School wish to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our committed KS2 team. The role is to support a child with SEMH and cognition and learning needs, ensuring the whole curriculum is accessible and achievable. The role also requires supporting the child during breaktimes, modelling and supervising interacting with peers. The role is linked to a named child, currently in year 4. The contract will cease when the child leaves the school.
The 1:1 Teaching Assistant hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am – 12 noon term time only.
The successful candidate will;
• have the ability to build supportive relationships with children providing the necessary guidance and instruction to help the child you will be working with grow towards achieving their full potential;
• be patient and have a positive attitude;
• work closely with the class teacher and SENDCo to support the child’s needs;
• be enthusiastic and willing to contribute to the busy life of the school;
• be supportive of the Christian ethos of the school.
Experience of working with children who have SEMH needs would be desirable.
St. David’s C of E Primary School is a friendly school with 270 pupils aged 4 – 11 years. It has close links with St. David’s Church and the local community and is located in the heart of Moreton in Marsh in the Cotswolds.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and any other such checks that the school deems necessary.
This job post has expired.