Start date: September 2023
18 Hours a week, 8.30am to 3.15pm - Wednesday to Friday - Term time only
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Katesgrove and Southcote are both Schools Direct Training Schools and are very supportive of staff wishing to develop future Teaching careers through this programme
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual wishing to develop their experience as a Learning Support assistant, to support a visually impaired child. The successful candidate will assist teaching staff in the classroom to assist an individual pupil to develop and achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have experience of working with children as a learning support or teaching assistant or an interest in starting a career in education
- Have a good standard of spoken and written English
- Has a passion about supporting the teaching and learning of young people
- Has the ability to work creatively and sensitively with children to ensure all children secure the highest possible levels of progress and achievement
- Is able to relate and communicate well with children and adults
In return we can offer you;
- The opportunity to join an excellent and supportive team
- A high level of professional development
- A friendly and welcoming environment
No experience necessary and full training provided.
Application packs can be downloaded from the website - www.southcoteprimary.co.uk
For more information you can call 0118 937 5533 or email email@example.com
Applications considered on receipt.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, appropriate references and health clearance.
This job post has expired.