Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Grade 3, SP5 (fulltime equivalent £19,650)
- Actual from £12,246
2 x Teaching Assistants job summary
This is an exciting opportunity for 2 enthusiastic and passionate Teaching Assistants to work at our Maiden Erlegh School.
Day to day responsibilities will be varied but will include:
• Providing day to day classroom support to students, and assisting with pupil behaviour
• Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
• Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
• Encouraging students to engage in activities led by the teacher
• Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Our ideal candidates will:
• Have highly effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Have the ability to recognise and manage challenging behaviour
• Work as part of a team or on your own initiative.
• Understand that punctuality is imperative
• Be a hard worker
• Want to and be part of a really supportive Inclusion team
The successful applicants will enjoy working with 11-18-year olds. You must be adaptable and willing to be involved in all aspects of school life, have a calm manner and be able to work as part of team. You will share our inclusive values of “opportunity, diversity and success for all” and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
Maiden Erlegh School is an over-subscribed secondary school which is as committed to the welfare of students and staff as it is our high standards. One of the privileges of joining our school is working with our dynamic, ambitious and positive students. Another privilege is joining our team of optimistic, talented and supportive colleagues, and particularly our very successful Inclusion team. You will have a passion for young people and a passion for education, you will enjoy seeing young people grow in confidence and flourish personally and you will want to share and develop your own practice further.
For more information on this wonderful school please click on the following link
If you would like to have an informal chat with the hiring manager or visit the school, please email our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org who can help organise this.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
Maiden Erlegh Trust is an Ethical Leadership Pathfinder organisation and we are committed to safeguarding, equality and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are also committed to having the highest expectations of pupil/students and staff, and supporting everyone to reach their full potential. All employees of the school and Trust are expected to share these commitments. All posts require satisfactory employment checks and references and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All Leadership roles will require a Section 128 check
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.