Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 Year fixed with option to become permanent /Full Time )
Main Pay Range (£25,714 - £36,961)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher to join our team of committed and friendly staff. We are Graded Good by Ofsted and at an exciting point in our next phase of our school improvement due to a new Headteacher and therefore looking for strong team players.
The successful applicant will be committed to high standards in teaching and learning in their own practice and in developing this across the school team. The post would support either an NQT or a teacher wishing to broaden their experience and work in a larger school. Our priority is to appoint an excellent all-round class teacher, with the energy and creativity to inspire our pupils and deliver high quality teaching and learning.
We are looking for someone with:
• High aspirations and expectations of our pupils
• Evidence of very strong classroom practice, with the capacity to be ‘outstanding’
• The capacity/willingness to teach effectively across either Key Stage 1 or 2
• A positive, proactive approach to challenge
• An ability to inspire confidence in colleagues, parents and the wider community
We are able to offer you:
• A commitment to your continued professional development
• A large, well-resourced site
• A supportive and experienced team
• Pleasant and cooperative children
• An ethos of support, where new ideas are welcomed
Local authority maintained school
680 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Copnor Primary School
The Governors, Headteacher and staff of Copnor Primary School are committed to offering our children a wide range of experiences which are designed to lead them to intellectual independence, flexibility of thought and personal confidence.
While helping them to achieve their own potential, we place great value on having consideration for other people, for being polite, helpful and lacking in prejudice. We believe that much of this must come from the nurturing of spiritual and moral values in the children’s daily lives by parents and teachers. With the active participation and support of parents we aim to provide an environment which will allow all the children to develop lively and enquiring minds, to acquire knowledge and to derive real enjoyment from learning.
Children, staff and parents work actively in partnership to enable all children to realise their full potential by:
• being an outstanding place of learning
• preparing all children fully for life in the wider World
Our aims are to:-
• Provide a challenging and stimulating environment for learning within a caring
community, enabling all to achieve their personal best.
• Provide a clear view of the principles and values which are firmly based on the moral way
• Provide a caring, supportive, safe and secure environment in which all individuals are
valued and listened to.
• Provide challenging learning opportunities to which everyone responds readily and with
• Develop a healthy lifestyle where all children enjoy good physical and mental health.
• Develop a spiritual, social, cultural and economic awareness through links with the local,
national and global communities.