- Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade F, Pt 9 – 11 £23,194- £24,496 per annum pro-rata
- £17,357.80 - £18,332.19 per annum
The position of Autism Support Worker (ASW) is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and compassionate individual to lead lessons, interventions and support our learners with autism.
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of autism and social communication needs and appropriate strategies to support pupils with this need. E.g. TEACCH
- To have knowledge and understanding of social, emotional & mental health needs and cognitive needs, that affect children and young people’s development.
- Excellent listening skills
- An ability to build strong, trusting relationships
- To be resilient and able to take regular responsibility for agreed learning /activities
- Promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning and social skills activities
- To use positive and personalised anxiety management strategies
The Springfields Academy is an academy over two sites in Calne and Salisbury. This includes a residential provision at our Calne academy. We aspire to build safe independent lives for autistic young people through support, understanding and enablement. Additionally, we are a ‘National Autistic Society Accredited Provision’ with over 90% of the current cohort having a diagnosis of Autism. All students have the potential to access a primary/secondary curriculum.
We are an acknowledged centre of excellence for Autism; we are highly reflective in our practices, and are continually working to improve our provision and practices. We provide a personalised curriculum journey that enables leaners with a diagnosis of autism to develop skills in areas of need and to overcome their barriers to learning. The drive to build ‘safe Independent lives’ shapes this curriculum and everything else that we do. The Academy has a PAN of 190.
We are looking for an Autism Support Worker (ASW) to work alongside the teacher to deliver a personalised autism friendly academic and social skills curriculum, as well as to support the families to implement functional skills within the home and community.
These are exciting times. In September 2023 we will open a new 150 place Free School in Salisbury and move our current provision (for 40 pupils) at the Sarum Academy site, into this larger and more purpose equipped facility. This role will be a part of that transfer process. The successful applicant will be part of the team who will make that move a success.
Springfields is a fantastic, vibrant and caring community that engages pupils and develops positive attitudes to learning. Our autism approach is accessed by all our pupils and is personalised to meet specific needs. All our pupils have an education, health and care plan.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Each post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Reach South Academy Trust has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring section of the application form before submitting.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps