- No, visa sponsorship not available
- View all Part timejobs - 32.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday. For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, job share, compressed hours, or staggered hours. Please wait until the job offer stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
Full-time equivalent salary
- NJC Grade E, Point 15-20, £25,878 rising to a maximum of £28,371 per annum pro rata
- £20,228 rising to a maximum of £22,177 per annum
You will be a passionate advocate of equality and committed to raising standards, raising aspirations, and facilitating the real-life chances of the next generation. You are tenacious, enjoy a challenge and are dedicated to your own professional development as a means of providing the best to our young people and our team. You will understand the importance of “soft skill” development as a means of developing the whole individual alongside a strong drive for academic excellence.
In addition, you will need:
Higher Level Teaching Assistant standard or equivalent qualification or experience
NVQ Level 2 in English and Mathematics (or equivalent)
Flexibility to work in different subject departments within the school
Have strong IT skills to support in the use of ICT in learning activities
Eager to learn and are instinctively enthusiastic with colleagues and students
Millbay Academy is an all-through school in Plymouth’s Coastal Quarter. This is a place where everyone is important and where every moment counts.Our values will underpin all that we do: we will provide a stimulating learning environment where children will feel safe, happy and consequently thrive.
Our vision is clear: challenging academic and personal goals will be set for every member of the Millbay Academy community, and we will provide the support and encouragement required to reach them. We will do whatever it takes.
At Millbay Academy we are passionate advocates of all-through education. Through this, we will be able to serve our community and families, ensuring an excellent educational experience with continuity and progression. All-through education offers many unique opportunities, including shared experiences, powerful role models and the in-depth knowledge of subject specialists. The Academy has a PAN of 1020.
Are you dedicated, innovative and driven to support young people develop the skills they need to access real-world, high-end opportunities? Then we want to hear from you! With excellent progression routes, personalised development programmes and a wholly child centered approach, Millbay Academy is an exciting and invested place to be. There will also be opportunities for close collaboration with UTC Plymouth (Ofsted Good 2023) as its partner school.
We are recruiting for a Cover Supervisor to join our team who will complement the work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervisors.
Your duties will include:
- Planning, preparing & delivering learning activities for individual groups or classes
- Monitoring and assessing pupils
- Recording & reporting on pupil’s achievements, progress and development
- Cover PE and Sports lessons
- Support the preparation for vocational lessons
This job post has expired.