- Visas cannot be sponsored
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
Full-time equivalent salary
- £32,840-£44,189 + TLR
- MPS (London Fringe) + £1,500 Harris Allowance + TLR
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
Are you looking for your next step in teaching? We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Riverside as 2iC of English.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have a minimum of one year's teaching experience
Have proven success in raising achievement.
Show a high level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
Have recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
Show good understanding of creative whole school strategies for improving literacy and numeracy and the importance of this in raising achievement
Have experience of embedding innovative strategies for Assessment for Learning and Learning to Learn.
Be willing to use coaching as a model for ensuring on-going professional development.
- Have a proven ability to identify and implement strategies to raise standards of Teaching and Learning.
Harris Academy Riverside is a very popular non-selective and highly oversubscribed academy which opened as part of the Harris Federation and the regeneration of the Purfleet on Thames area in 2017. We serve our local community of Purfleet on Thames and West Thurrock and have 900 on roll in the secondary academy and around 200 students in the 6th form.
Harris Academy Riverside seeks to develop students who are successful, confident and happy, who inspire their community and who act with kindness and compassion towards others.
In our procedures and daily routines, our broad and varied curriculum, our pedagogical model and through our commitment to providing experience of the wider world we aim to promote a strong sense of community and belonging, to provide a blend of high challenge and high support and to encourage the development of
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
- Outstanding habits of behaviour such as self-awareness, kindness, appreciation, humility, politeness, confident self-expression and self-presentation and
- Outstanding habits of learning such as determination, resilience, organisation, reading, studying and practice
The purpose of your role will be:
- To deputise for the Subject Coordinator, assisting in leading the creation and establishment of outstanding provision within the subject area. This to include all programmes, systems and structures taking account of the academy's values and vision leading to outstanding teaching and learning.
- To be accountable for student progress and development in the subject area across KS3, KS4 and post 16, including meeting student achievement targets for subject areas which are agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body.
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the subject area through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in the subject area, in accordance with the academy aims and policies, as determined by the Principal and Governing Body.
- To ensure that all school policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff in the subject area.
- To ensure agreed tutor programme is implemented and that tutors are effective in their role.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject area.
- To lead development for literacy, within subject areas, to raise standards of Literacy across the academy.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including contributing to the subject and faculty improvement plans, and assisting in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies)
- Ensuring the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum and leading development of the subject and its delivery
- Staff development (including assisting in recruiting, building and managing an effective team of motivated staff)
- Student outcomes (including assisting the director in ensuring the effective operation of target setting, monitoring and evaluation systems and the input and maintenance of accurate student data)
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, including acting as an outstanding role model
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.