2nd in Maths
Chantry Academy, Ipswich, Suffolk
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 3 to Upper pay range 3, £28,413 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a school teacher as described in the current School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document, the 2nd in department is required by the Headteacher to exercise and complete satisfactorily certain particular duties.
• Assist in leading the Academy in line with a shared strategic vision
• Support the Subject Leader to effectively manage and organise the Maths team within the Academy, its staff and resources
• Support teachers in the subject area to achieve high standards of teaching and learning
• Support the raising of student attainment so that all students successfully progress through the Academy to further and higher education and quality employment
• Place the Academy and its facilities and resources at the heart of the community it serves.
• Model the highest professional standards to staff and students in all aspects of the role, maintaining a visible presence around the Academy and leading by example.
• In collaboration with others, review the impact of actions taken and respond accordingly.
• Ensure that the personal and social development of students results in responsible and active citizens graduating from the Academy
• Play a key role in ensure effective implementation of the school’s safeguarding and equal opportunities policies.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will be a motivational, enthusiastic, experienced or aspiring 2nd in Maths who can support the Head of Maths and who can deliver first class teaching and learning.
TLR2b - £4,689
Extensive CPD opportunities
|School size||882 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Chantry Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Chantry Academy
Mallard Way, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 9LR