2nd in Maths
In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a school teacher as described in the current School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document, the 2nd in department is required by the Headteacher to exercise and complete satisfactorily certain particular duties.
• Assist in leading the Academy in line with a shared strategic vision
• Support the Subject Leader to effectively manage and organise the Maths team within the Academy, its staff and resources
• Support teachers in the subject area to achieve high standards of teaching and learning
• Support the raising of student attainment so that all students successfully progress through the Academy to further and higher education and quality employment
• Place the Academy and its facilities and resources at the heart of the community it serves.
• Model the highest professional standards to staff and students in all aspects of the role, maintaining a visible presence around the Academy and leading by example.
• In collaboration with others, review the impact of actions taken and respond accordingly.
• Ensure that the personal and social development of students results in responsible and active citizens graduating from the Academy
• Play a key role in ensure effective implementation of the school’s safeguarding and equal opportunities policies.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will be a motivational, enthusiastic, experienced or aspiring 2nd in Maths who can support the Head of Maths and who can deliver first class teaching and learning.
TLR2b - £4,689
Extensive CPD opportunities
About Chantry Academy
Chantry Academy sits in the heart of South West Ipswich and is very proud to serve the local community. Our Academy has a welcoming and inclusive ethos; where our staff work hard to foster and develop close relationships with all our stakeholders. We are committed to providing the best possible education for all, ensuring all are welcome and succeed.
- Mallard Way, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 9LR
- Chantry Academy website (opens in a new window)