6th Form Class Teacher
• To support and work with others to achieve the strategic aims of the Academy Trust.
• To be an outstanding ambassador for the Academy.
Teaching and Learning
• To teach a class of students all of whom have complex needs
• To monitor teaching and learning within your class
• To be an outstanding practitioner
• To develop others by modeling and coaching best practice
• To track progress and plan interventions where necessary
• To plan, deliver and assess lessons that are designed to meet all the pupils’ individual needs
• To follow the schools agreed policies and systems
• To lead and motivate staff by setting an excellent example for professional behaviour and integrity.
• To line manage support staff within your class
• To be actively involvement in assemblies and whole school events
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children within the school
• To prepare and lead EHCP review meetings
• To support behavior management and pastoral care within your class
• To work closely with parents and other outside agencies to ensure all physical, academic, social and pastoral needs are met
Essential educational requirements
Possession of a relevant degree or equivalent.
QTS or QTLS with IfL registration.
Essential skills and experience
Experience teaching children with complex and profound learning difficulties.
Evidence of producing outstanding outcomes for children.
Experience in differentiating learning in a highly effective way to meet the needs of individual pupils.
Outstanding ability to use assessment to accelerate learning.
Experience of leading teams and managing staff.
Experience of effectively managing performance and holding others to account.
Experience working effectively with a range of outside agencies.
Experience of managing and motivating children with challenging behaviour.
Successful experience in the pastoral care of learners.
Knowledge of the EHCP process and SEN code of practice.
Knowledge of child protection and a wider safeguarding agenda.
An understanding of how children learn.
Positive methods of managing behaviour.
TLR may be payable depending on experience, SEN allowance
About Ravensbourne School
- Neave Crescent, Romford, Essex, RM3 8HN
- Not Applicable
- Ravensbourne School website (opens in a new window)