About us and the role
We are currently looking for an Academic Mentor to play a vital role and make a significant impact on the progress and achievements of our students, as part of the government-backed National Tutoring Programme to assist in the country’s recovery from Covid-19.This role will work closely with the teaching staff and SLT to provide academic support to a range of students, supporting those whose education has been most effected by the disruption cause by the pandemic.The staff at Avanti House Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of them-selves. Through professional development, we support our teachers and TAs to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.Why should you applyYou will be working in a fantastic environment.Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Work with SLT in the school to identify which pupils need 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3 support packages
- Identify learning gaps and helping to shape a bespoke intervention programme for pupils
- Deliver engaging sessions, to support a range of learning styles with clear learning objectives
- Differentiate sessions in line with pupils ability, taking into account any barriers to learning or additional needs
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
a. Qualified Teacher Status or Graduate with 2:2 or higher (or UK equivalent)
b. Minimum of three A-levels at A*-C grade (or equivalent)
- Must have Level 4 (Grade C) or above in GCSE maths and English or equivalent.
- Experience of working with relevant age group within a learning environment.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.Please click the below links for more informationJob DescriptionAvanti Way
This job post has expired.