About the role
We are currently looking for an Academic Mentor to play a vital role and make a significant impact on the progress and achievements of our students, as part of the government-backed National Tutoring Programme to assist in the country’s recovery from Covid-19.
This role will work closely with the teaching staff and SLT to provide academic support to a range of students, supporting those whose education has been most effected by the disruption cause by the pandemic.
Would you like to join a school with exciting opportunities? Would you like to work with pupils who have excellent learning behaviour and a thirst for knowledge? Would you like to work in a school that values you as a person? Then Avanti Meadows Primary School is the school for you!
We are looking for an innovative, inspirational experienced Academic Mentor who puts children's learning at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our pupils in reaching their full potential.
If you are highly motivated and a good team player with enthusiasm, high expectations and good interpersonal skills, then please apply for this rewarding post with us.
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Work with SLT in the school to identify which pupils need 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3 support packages
- Identify learning gaps and helping to shape a bespoke intervention programme for pupils
- Deliver engaging sessions, to support a range of learning styles with clear learning objectives
- Differentiate sessions in line with pupils ability, taking into account any barriers to learning or additional needs
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
a.Qualified Teacher Status or Graduate with 2:2 or higher (or UK equivalent)
b.Minimum of three A-levels at A*-C grade (or equivalent)
- Must have Level 4 (Grade C) or above in GCSE maths and English or equivalent.
- Experience of working with relevant age group within a learning environment.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.