Have you recently graduated and would love to put your subject knowledge to good use?
Are you considering your career options and would like to try teaching?
Our Academic Mentor role is ideal for anyone who is passionate about education and believes they can positively impact outcomes for young people. The successful candidate will play a key role in assisting students to achieve their academic potential through the provision of high quality mentoring and support, including the development and delivery of bespoke intervention sessions in English and/or Maths to small, targeted groups of students.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is a confident communicator with a passion for your subject specialism
- Has a flexible and proactive approach to work, willing to ‘go the extra mile’
- Can build positive, productive working relationships with others
It doesn’t matter if you have no previous experience of working in a school as full training will be given for this role.
Working for St Anne’s means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, offering a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing family of schools.
Alongside St Anne’s CE Academy, the Trust is made up of The Blue Coat School, and two primary schools; East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the Northwest of England. We also opened a new secondary school in Oldham in September 2022 for 1,200 pupils, The Brian Clarke CE Academy.
For further details please visithttps://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
- Local government career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent's pension
- Convenient location for motorway (a 2 minute drive from Junction 19, M62), bus and tram networks
For further information please refer to:
- the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection PolicyTrust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust.
- The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the job details’ documents section.
- The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
The Cranmer Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
St Anne’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975,2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
This job post has expired.