- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £60-65K depending on experience
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Post Title: Academy Business Manager
Full/part time: Full time with 35 days’ holiday.
Salary: £60-65K depending on experience
Location: Big Creative Academy, Clifton Avenue, Walthamstow, London E17 6HL
Reporting to: The Principal
Purpose of the role:
1. To actively model and promote the values and ethos of the Academy
2. To be responsible for strategic planning in relation to the business and support services of the Academy including all financial implications, and ensuring that the Academy uses its resources effectively and efficiently at all times.
3. To be responsible for personnel management, estate management, ICT infrastructure, administration aspects of financial management, and Academy compliance with financial regulations.
4. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team to be responsible for: creating and delivering a shared corporate strategic vision; raising standards of learning and teaching; building capacity across the workforce; improving organisation structures and functions so the Academy remains fit for purpose; building and sustaining effective relationships and communications strategies; working with the community and other services to improve the outcomes and well-being of students.
5. To generate and co-ordinate new income streams which are supportive of the ethos of the Academy.
6. To support the board of trustees and ensure they are provided with the information and support they need to perform their role.
• Advisor on Finance, audits and Operations
• Reports to the Finance and General Purposes committee
• Line manager to Buildings, and MIS manager and HR officer.
• Relevant qualification in accountancy/finance (minimum AAT or Similar)
Relevant Experience • Financial accounting and management
• Building and monitoring budgets
• Year-end accounts preparation
• Systems Implementation
• Audit and risk management
• HR management
• Direct and co-ordinate the work of others
• Performance management
Knowledge • 16- 19 education funding
• EFSA grants
• Academies and Free schools finance
• Producing accounts
• Audit and risk management processes
• Employment law
• Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
• Up to date knowledge of company finance
• Up to date knowledge of charity finance
Skills/Ability • High level of computer literacy
• Advanced Excel
• Competent in a range of Financial software
• Think creatively to solve problems and identify opportunities
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing to a range of audiences
• Manage communication systems
• Produce monthly accounts and year end accounts
• Write timely reports and strategy documents
• Work closely with the board providing the trust and clerk with information as requested.
• Over se thee completion of ILR returns.
Personal Skills • Open-minded and receptive to new ideas, approaches and challenges
• Build positive relationships with staff and students.
• Innovative and creative when finding solutions
• Form good relationships with all stakeholders
• Is an advocate for equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Places high priority on effective team working
• Prioritise and manage own time effectively
• Work under pressure and to deadlines
• Achieve challenging professional goals
• Take responsibility for their own professional development
• Energy, vigour and perseverance
Qualifications: HR qualification
Relevant Experience: • Buildings management
• Experience of a 16-19 education setting
• Experience of EFSA funding and
• MIS and EFSA returns
Applying for the job
For full details of the role, please see the job description and person specification. If you wish to apply, please complete the application form and email it to:
email@example.com. The application closes on 15th October at 1pm.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.