Academy Head job summary
Academy Head – Morchard Bishop
Full time, Permanent Post to commence September 2022
Morchard Bishop Academy, a vibrant primary is seeking a talented Academy Head with integrity, a genuine passion for education and resilience to take the opportunity to lead this school forward to even greater achievements.
The Link Academy Trust believe that this person will:
• Be a practical, visionary and compassionate leader who will inspire staff and pupils to use problem solving as a driver to achieve high expectations- our bedrock.
• Have a real passion for the growth of children, their well-being and self-confidence, giving them experiences and understanding that they will build upon throughout their life-long learning journey from a Christian perspective
• Relentlessly work towards delivering a rich and creative curriculum which excites and inspires staff, parents and pupils.
• Be visible and approachable, empathetic and enjoy engaging with children, staff, parents and the wider community.
Why join the Link Academy Trust team?
• We value our staff and supporters at every level highly, at our very core we nurture well-being for everyone and recognise every individual’s contribution.
• There is a consistent and rich programme of CPD for everyone.
• Career opportunities are identified, we ‘talent spot’ to offer progress across the Trust team, while also acknowledging experience and the desire to remain doing what you do best.
• Our experienced and highly qualified Inclusion and Improvement Hub team offer specialist support to our most vulnerable and challenging pupils.
Why this school?
We need a Leader who really wants to make a difference for pupils and their families in the surrounding community. As a small school it is a complex but rewarding opportunity for someone with real commitment to drive forward in an exciting direction and deliver a unique vision that reflects this vibrant school.
The Link Academy Trust vision that we are ‘stronger together’ is integral to everything we do, you can rely on colleagues across the Trust to support and guide, you will be listened to and heard. Everything we do we all believe in; cutting-edge small schools are the core of our vision and values.
‘Small schools, big opportunities, together’ is what we are all about.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Morchard Bishop Church of England Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- Up to 120 pupils
- Age range
- 2 to 11
Morchard Bishop is a pretty village nestling in the rolling hills of the Devon countryside, eight miles north of Crediton. The village is situated high above sea level and the views are amazing - on a clear day you can see from Haytor on Dartmoor in one direction to Exmoor and the sea in the other. We pride ourselves that Morchard Bishop is a small school, which enables them to be part of a large school family.
Every child deserves a rich variety of experiences and opportunities while at school. From time to time they will astonish themselves, their family, their friends and their teachers with their achievements. At Morchard Bishop, our aim is to develop their love for learning through an engaging curriculum which is both broad and balanced. The teachers help each child develop this approach through stimulating lessons and challenging tasks.
Preparing our children to become happy and responsible citizens is a key role for all teachers, parents and carers. We want our children to understand the importance of doing something good, rather than just talking about it. It is through our core Christian Values that we believe we can help children grasp this idea.
Arranging a visit to Morchard Bishop Church of England Primary School
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01363 877328 to arrange a convenient time.