Queen Katharine Academy are looking to appoint an ESOL / English Teacher on a full-time permanent basis to work within our Accelerated Curriculum and English departments. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced ESOL / English / Linguistics / Primary teacher who is ambitious and has an interest in working with students from a range of cultures and backgrounds within a very supportive environment. The candidate will teach a CLIL / Literacy / ESOL-based curriculum to EAL students to fast-track their academic development. The department also supports some of our students who have a SEND or SEMH need and there is a strong nurture ethos.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic teacher to steer it through the next stage of its development. Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Thomas Deacon Education Trust work together.
The Trust offers:
- Excellent salary package.
- Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to arrange a visit please contact the HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accelerated Curriculum / English Teacher
Site: Queen Katharine Academy
Closing date: 9am Monday 30th January 2023
Please note – Thomas Deacon Education Trust withhold the right to withdraw the advert and/or interview suitable candidates before the specified closing date.
- Be a passionate and dynamic teacher, with either Qualified Teacher Status,CELTAor DELTA qualifications.
- Be able to model outstanding practice in Literacy / ESOL Teaching and Learning, both within the department and across the wider curriculum.
- Be able to prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
This job post has expired.