The successful candidate will have experience of supporting students at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4, dependent on expertise. They will be confident in planning and delivering small group interventions to students with learning and additional needs, and be able to liaise with teaching staff to identify priorities. They will need to demonstrate commitment to teamwork, be passionate about the development of students both academically and personally, and dedicated to helping them to overcome any barriers to achieve their fullest potential.
Essential educational requirements
• GCSE (or equivalent Level 2) in Maths and English
• Achieved (or currently working towards) NVQ3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent relevant Level 3 qualification.
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent personal organisation and self-motivation.
• Ability to relate well to young people and adults.
• Ability to deliver learning sessions to groups of students.
• Ability to manage behaviour effectively.
• Expectations of high standards.
• Sound General ICT skills, with experience or ability to use:
o Proficient with Internet and email.
o Microsoft Office packages – Particularly Word/ PowerPoint/Excel
o SIMS – relevant to role
• Knowledge of specific ICT packages that form part of the role. (TBC)
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes.
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
• The ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
About Arrow Vale RSA Academy
Outstanding Ofsted rating, excellent CPD opportunities and highly experienced and supportive departments - just some of the reasons why RSA Academy Arrow Vale is the place to work...
- Green Sward Lane, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0EN
- Arrow Vale RSA Academy website (opens in a new window)