Annual or full time equivalent salary
- £17,832 - £19,128 (FTE)
- £11,079- £12,099 (actual)
Admin Assistant job summary
Required 1st September 2022
“Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around the school is exemplary. They are kind and respectful towards each other, their teachers and visitors”
“The atmosphere in school is one of calm purpose and enjoyment of learning”
OFSTED, January 2018
We are seeking a friendly, supportive, efficient and organised administrator to join our expanding team in our oversubscribed and growing school.
Candidates should ideally have experience of working with young people, have excellent communication skills and a good level of education. A high level of confidentiality will also apply to this role.
Duties will include:
• Reception, dealing with queries in person, on the telephone or by letter/e-mail
• General administrative duties - letters, spreadsheets, photocopying, and filing
• Recording and booking of staff training
• Recording and monitoring stationery and administrative supplies
• Update staff handbook under the direction of the Office Manager
• Recording income and handling of cash for educational purchases when required
• First point of contact for School Lettings
• First Aid
If you have the following, we would love to hear from you:
• The ability to communicate in a warm and professional manner with parents and visitors both in person and on the telephone
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and cope with many interruptions
• Good ICT skills including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Tucasi or Arbor would be an advantage
• Good standard of education, including Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent
• A positive, "can do" attitude, the ability to work as part of a team but also willing to use own initiative
• The ability to be discreet and a good understanding of safeguarding and data protection
• A flexible approach to additional working when required
We can offer you:
• Fabulous pupils!
• A friendly and well-motivated staff team who work collaboratively to meet the needs of all pupils at Woolmer Hill School
• Opportunities to work and train across the Trust
We are looking for someone who will be available for 26 hours over 4 days per week, term time only (39 weeks), 08:15-15:15 Mon-Fri.
We reserve the right to interview early if we receive suitable applications, so please apply early to avoid disappointment/
Woolmer Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equality and diversity in all aspects of employment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
WMAT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.’
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.