Administration Assistant (Finance)
Employer: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Location: St Paul’s Catholic School, Evington, Leicester
Grade: Band 3 Points 6-9
Salary: £15,029-£15,948 Actual Salary (FTE £20,043 - £21,269)
Contract Type: Term time + 4 weeks (42 weeks) 30 Hours (Monday to Friday to 9.00am to 3:30pm)
Contract Term: Permanent
Anticipated Start date: 24 October 2022
Closing Date: 0900 am Monday 26 September 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
St Paul’s is seeking to appoint a Finance Administrator from October 24th 2022. The successful candidate will enjoy the support and collaboration of a very supportive well established team.
St Paul’s is a thriving and successful 11-18 Catholic School, with 1140 students from a variety of backgrounds and faiths. It was judged good at its last inspection with Sixth form being outstanding. St Paul’s is ambitious for its students and staff and the school has continued to improve in all areas since the 2018 inspection. Ofsted described the school as “inclusive and caring” and students as “polite, caring and helpful.”
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Processing purchase orders in accordance with the Trust's financial procedures.
- Seeking quotes to obtain best value in all areas of procurement.
- Ensuring all purchase orders receive appropriate goods received notes. Where goods are received on site, ensuring that goods are checked and received.
- Resolve discrepancies and ensure distribution of goods on receipt.
- Administration and management of monthly expenses claims and ensuring all trust expense policies are adhered to.
- Raising sales invoice requisitions.
- Chasing outstanding debtors in relation to the schools’ sales invoices.
- Managing the schools’ ParentPay System, ensuring cash/payments received for catering, visits and school shop items are appropriately monitored.
- Assisting in the smooth running of the school’s based finance administration function e.g. ensuring any finance issues are raised to relevant person in a timely manner.
- Responsible for liaising with other school staff in relation to finance duties.
- Ensuring any banking of cash received at the school is completed and banked (collected by authorised security services) on a weekly basis.
- Ensuring that all finance documents and contracts are submitted to the Trust for filing.
- Ensure all invoices are accurate and that an official purchase order is quoted before passing to the central finance team for processing.
- In collaboration with the Trust's central finance team, liaise with suppliers on all queries, resolving any discrepancies and ensuring they are dealt with timely and efficiently
- Any other duties required by the Principal/Operations Manager
We can offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to be part of a warm inclusive community
- A respectful and ethical working environment with a supportive culture
- A belief and commitment to work life balance for all staff
- Membership of the Medicash health care scheme
- Employer pension contributions of over 20%
- Nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay
- Access to our Electric Car Scheme
To apply for this post please complete the application via the Trust Vacancies pagehttps://www.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies/by the closing date of9:00am 26 September 2022. Interview date to be confirmed.
The interview process will include opportunities to see the school, but should you wish to visit prior to application please contact Helen Oliver, PA to the Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
This job post has expired.