We have an opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our team at Westlands School.
As an Administration Assistant you will perform daily clerical tasks, including dealing with emails, post and messages and will be the first point of contact at reception to deal with queries. You will have day to day contact with the school staff, pupils, parents and Governors as well as staff from the Trust, other agencies, the local community and representatives of a wide variety of goods and services.
The successful candidate will need:
- A good standard of education with English and Mathematics GCSE grade C or above or equivalent;
- Experience of working in a fast paced office;
- Be able to cope with interruptions;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and / or Google Suite;
- An understanding of the issues surrounding the safeguarding of children and commitment to child welfare and safety.
An NVQ 2 in Business Administration and / or experience of using School systems such as SIMS or Brom Com would be an advantage but it is not essential.
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
Westlands School is part of Swale Academies Trust, a leading Multi-Academy Trust for school improvement. We are particularly proud of the fact that our curriculum provides a variety of academic, arts, technology and other vocational subjects; helping focus on students of all abilities making exceptional levels of progress, particularly in the key skills of literacy and numeracy.
Please visithttps://www.westlands.org.uk/for more information.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school. In return, we offer a stimulating, supporting and rewarding working environment, where all staff are valued and where you will have the opportunity to access a range of excellent professional opportunities to support your progression.
Additional benefits include:
- Excellent on site facilities;
- Excellent CPD programme;
- Being part of a highly successful Trust;
- Local Government Pension Scheme – with generous employer contribution;
- Employee Assistance Programme – Wellbeing and advice;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Kent Rewards Scheme – access to local and national retail discounts;
- Employee Referral Recruitment incentive;
- Generous Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays and a concessionary day at Christmas;
- Christmas closure (3 days holiday entitlement is used for this);
- Additional holiday entitlement for 5 years + service;
- Early finish on Fridays.
This job post has expired.