Looking to take your first step in education? We are looking for a dedicated and detail-orientated individual to join Harris Academy Riverside as Pastoral Support Administrative Assistant. Working under the instruction and guidance of senior staff to provide general administrative support to the school, you will either have experience in an administrative role or looking to take your first step in an administrative support role within an educational environment.Main Areas of Responsibility
- To represent the Academy in a professional and welcoming manner to all visitors, staff and students, including telephone callers, specifically parents/carers and outside agencies.
- To contact identified parents/carers on a daily basis, as directed, by text, letter, email or telephone. concerns.
- Provide Reception cover/carry out general reception administrative tasks, as required.
As directed by and in conjunction with the Pastoral and Behaviour Team,
Qualifications & Experience
- Maintain individual student files.
- Record and maintain student incident logs and provide analysis of information in the pre-defined formats.
- Record and maintain student rewards and provide analysis of information in the pre-defined formats.
- Maintain the Pastoral and Behaviour registers.
- Attend pastoral and Behaviour meetings, as directed.
- Organise and arrange with parents/carers and outside agencies, where appropriate any meetings requested by the Pastoral and Behaviour Team.
- Produce internal and external exclusion letters and in the case of external, liaise with appropriate staff, in relation to work being sent home, for the student during any external exclusion period, or until placed at another appropriate educational establishment.
- Assist with the preparation of reports and file of documentation for the Exclusion Panel.
- Update on a daily basis the digital student message boards around the Academy.
- Carry out and provide analysis in pre-defined formats Behaviour surveys
- Liaise with the school uniform supplier and ensure appropriate levels of stock are maintained.
- Ensure appropriate stocks of whole school students' equipment, are maintained and disturbed, in an organized and timely manner. EG calculators and general class equipment.
- Produce agreed phased return plans and ensure fully communicated with parent/career and student and appropriate staff
- Assist with the production of Behaviour reports for governors, ensuring all information included is
- accurate and any required evidenced is readily available.
- Liaise and support the Pastoral, Behaviour Team and DSL on a daily basis, with general clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, completing standard forms, responding to routine
- Correspondence, arranging meetings, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Training
- NVQ2 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Minimum of 2 years school office experience
Experience & Knowledge
Skills & Abilities
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid
- Effective use of ICT packages
- Use of relevant equipment/resources
- Good keyboard skills
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding of school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- The ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and time keeping skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and manage own workload
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
This job post has expired.