- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
- Contract type
- OLOL Band 2 £18,562 - £19,312
We are seeking to recruit a proactive, organised and skilled Administrative Assistant to join our small team of main office staff.
Working in our main office you will come into daily contact with our parents and staff so, as well as having administrative experience, you will also possess excellent communication skills and have a friendly, outgoing manner.
Experience of working in a school setting would be an advantage but is not essential as all training will be provided.
What do we need from you:
be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude
have previous administrative experience preferably in a school office
be computer literate
have excellent personal, administrative, and organisational skills
be able to plan and prioritise own workload, meeting set deadlines
have the ability to maintain a calm, positive and professional manner at all time
demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
be positive, enthusiastic and have a sense of humour
have excellent relationships with pupils, parents, and staff
be committed to Catholic education
Responsibilities Will Include:
Welcoming visitors and answering incoming calls.
Monitoring attendance on a daily basis.
Giving support with a range of administrative duties.
What you will receive:
• wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
• a team of talented and highly committed staff
• a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
• professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
• our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
• a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s CPD Hub.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact 0115 915 6995. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0115 851 5454 if you do not receive this automated response.
Details of this post and an application form are available on our website www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Completed application forms (and associated documents) are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 1 November 2021 (9.00 am)
The Trust and St Augustine’s Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities, and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and
Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Actual Salary Band £15,938- £16,582 per annum
Applying for the job
How to apply
Please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification and return the completed application forms (and associated documents) are to be emailed to email@example.comMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.