Braunstone Community Primary School
37 hours per week and 52 weeks per year
Fixed term until end of apprenticeship
£5.28 per hour for the first year, NMW from 12 months onwards.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Administrative Assistant to join the team within our very busy school office. We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and well organised individual who is able to work using their own initiative.
The focus of the role is to provide support to the Office Manager and the office Administration team.
Why choose Braunstone Community Primary School?
Community Primary School is a two-form entry school that sits proudly in its community.
Our vision is BELONG, CARE, PERSEVERE, SUCCEED. Everything that the children
and staff do at our school, has these core values as the golden thread.
The future of this school is extremely exciting, and our innovative curriculum
encompasses the community in which it serves and will empower our children to
be as successful as possible in the wider world.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Use of the office equipment with confidence, eg, photocopier, shredder, computers etc
- Keeping our parents notice board and staff calendar up to date
- Printing certificates
- Making sure fire registers are done each morning
- Making sure dinner numbers are to the kitchen by 10am
- Filing should be completed by the end of each week along with checking the Free School Meal lists
- Accuracy for all letters, certificates and documents is essential
- Daily checking the dinner debts to make sure they do not increase and delivering items to classrooms
- Answering calls, emails and queries from parents, visitors and staff
- Emailing out weekly staff meeting dates
- Updating pupil records
- Daily updating of electronic calendars
We are looking for someone who has:
- Educated to a good standard in Maths and English with an excellent level of attainment of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Experienced in the use of ICT applications relevant to the post, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team and with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation. You will receive a blended method of learning including coach visits and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.