- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Term time
36 hours a week, Monday - Friday
- Contract type
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
1) Admissions: To carry out all aspects of the admissions arrangements for children entering the school.
2) Attendance : To carry out all aspects of pupil attendance and punctuality for the school.
3) Pupil Database: To update and maintain the pupil database (ScholarPack) and run routine reports as requested by the senior leadership team.
4) Pupil Welfare: Support the SENCo by providing a list of children with medical needs and health care plans.
5) School Dinner Arrangements: Support the Finance Officer with school dinner arrangements following the procedures for school meals.
Office Team Working Practices:
● To work as part of an office team ensuring that good communication and working relationships aid all members of the team and all team members adhere to professional standards of dress, courtesy and efficiency in line with the ethos, work and aims of the school.
● Provide services for the school including, but not limited to, correspondence; communicating with parents/others by phone/email; dealing with visitors to the school and incoming and outgoing messages
● Ensure security and safeguarding procedures are adhered to
● Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regards to pupils, staff and their families
● Support the School Business Manager and other senior staff with admin tasks from time to time
● Help with enquiries on the telephone, in person or through email, passing these on to the appropriate members of staff
● Produce individual and general letters of correspondence to parents, photocopying and faxing
● Ensure good lines of communication at all times
● Provide front of house duties by welcoming visitors and dealing with enquiries when required
● Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection
● Attend training relevant to duties and responsibilities as outlined in this job description
Person Specification - Admissions & Attendance Officer
Qualifications: English/Maths GCSE or equivalent (a degree is desirable)
Training: Evidence of continuing professional development
Experience: Worked in a school environment (experience in admissions is desirable)
Knowledge & Skills: Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and manage priorities
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 463 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About The Hyde School
Welcome to The Hyde! We are looking for a new Admissions & Attendance Officer to join our office team. This role has come about as our current Admissions Officer is sadly leaving us after eight and half years at the school.
We are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic and flexible individual who will be a key player in the office. We are particularly keen to meet people with great interpersonal skills and excellent IT capability. We want someone who wants to make a difference and be part of the journey – we will provide you with support, training, guidance and a fun working environment!
Our children are fabulous and have a unique learning experience as they travel through their learning journey at The Hyde. The Hyde school was graded as ‘outstanding’ at our last Ofsted Inspection in May 2015.
Our school has incredibly well behaved children with fantastic attitudes to learning. The Hyde has a clear vision for school improvement and a successful strategy for making things happen!
Arranging a visit to The Hyde School
Visits by appointment, warmly welcomed, email Megan Brown our School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 020 8205 8707.