- Early years, KS1, KS2
- ATA Rate
Advanced Teaching Assistant job summary
Lythe Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Advanced Teaching Assistant including 3 hours HLTA to cover PPA
Monday – Friday 8:30am-12:00 and then 1:00 – 3:15pm
Scale D – Term time only.
Everyone who comes into Lythe School comments on the warm, welcoming atmosphere and we would love you to join us and become part of our supportive, friendly, hard-working school family, serving the wider community of Lythe and surrounding villages.
With our distinctively Christian ethos, our pride in helping everyone make the most of “life in all its fullness” and our wonderful village setting, we believe we have something really special – all we need is you.
The job is both challenging and rewarding and no two days are the same, so we need someone who can think on their feet, solve problems and be flexible in response to children’s needs, and who has a real passion for helping children be the very best they can be.
Our learning environment, with spacious accommodation surrounded by moorland, woodland and the sea, is second to none and we need someone who is keen to be out and about, making good use of our area.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, ambitious Teaching Assistant to join our KS2 teaching team. You will work alongside the class teacher to support our children who hold an EHCP, as well as supporting the rest of the class when needed.
Experience in working with pupils in a primary setting is preferred.
This is a permanent position and the successful candidate must hold English and Maths GCSE level ‘C’ or above or equivalent.
• Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
• Bring your own interests, skills and talents to the role
• Work well as part of a team
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
We can offer you:
• A warm, happy school where we value everyone and have a philosophy of kindness and support for each other
• Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children
• Small classes and highly supportive teaching teams
• A school with exciting and attractive learning environments,
• A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, and who will take your professional development seriously
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible.
Closing date: Friday 28th January 2022 at 9am
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Application details are available to download from the NYCC jobs advert or from our school website. You can also contact Garry Morrison at email@example.com or call 07814935700
Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.