- Fixed term (1 year contract)
- £19,264.04 - £20,042.92 per annum pro rata
Advanced Teaching Assistant job summary
Oakridge Community Primary School
Advanced Teaching Assistant
Band D (Level 3)
32 hours per week, term time only (hours to be arranged)
Initially 1 year fixed term contract – with a view to being permanent
Come and be part of something really special With our community ethos, our pride in helping everyone make the most of ‘Team Oakridge’ and our wonderful village setting, we believe we have something really special – all we need is you. Here at Oakridge Community Primary School we share a special and unique learning community with our friendly, welcoming children, close knit staff and committed governors. We are proud to serve our North Yorkshire community. Along with our partner Esk Valley Schools we have strong, and developing links that have benefited our staff team in terms of shared working and professional opportunities. Our staff travel not just locally, but from across the wider area.
We may be small but we think big … and our learning environment, with spacious accommodation surrounded by fantastic outside space, is second to none. We are excited to share and further develop our excellent provision for our children and staff. Teaching in a small, rural, primary school will mean you will have to wear many hats and it is very different to teaching in a bigger school. However the commute to work, the children and working in a unique school setting will hopefully catch your interest and you will want to find out more.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated Advanced Teaching Assistant to work across our school from Nursery to KS2 (area is dependant on experience)You will work within our provision alongside our class teachers and be part of our whole school team. As our new Afdvanced Teaching Assistant you will take a lead on working both individually with our children as well as leading interventions in small groups. As this is a small school you will get to know our children’s needs quickly, and form a close and key partnership with our Class Teachers. Ideally you will already have some experience in a teaching assistant role. We encourage applications from candidates who have a passion for primary education and wish to work in a setting which offers reward and challenge and where no two days are the same. These are fixed term post starting as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must hold d English and Maths GCSE level ‘C’ or above or equivalent.
• Have previous experience in this type of role.
• Have a genuine interest in supporting children
• Be able to develop positive working relationships with pupils, parents, staff and other professionals.
• Be willing to undertake and act on relevant professional development and training.
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils.
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children.
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
• Work well as part of a team.
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written.
We can offer you:
• A warm, happy school where we value our small community ethos and have a philosophy of treating each other with kindness and respect.
• Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children
• A school with unique and inspiring learning environments
• An opportunity to work with an experienced and committed team and take a role in a school determined to reach the highest standards.
• A school which is forward thinking both in terms of curriculum and teaching and learning.
Join us and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about.
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in.
Interviews will be held on 22nd June 2022
Closing date: June 6th 2022
Please contact Mrs Husbands in the school office on 01974 840255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Applying for the job
Please contact Mrs Husbands in the school office on 01974 840255 or email email@example.comDownload an application form - 147 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Oakridge Community Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 41 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Welcome To The Oakridge Community Primary School
Oakridge Primary School is situated in a most beautiful part of the country, in the village of Hinderwell located as it is between the North Yorkshire Moors and the North Sea coast.
Our school is a designated Community Primary School, including a nursery and so caters for children between the ages of 3 and 11. The children are currently organised into two classes - a nursery to year 2 class for 3 – 7 year olds called Seahorse class and a junior classes, one for 7 – 11 year olds called Dolphin class.
The first years in the primary school are the most important. Here the foundations of your child's education are laid, on which their future life is built. We believe we have an enormous responsibility to help every child succeed. We are enthusiastic, caring and seek every way we can to help your child achieve their full potential. We also believe that your contribution to your child’s education is vital. We view the relationship between home and school as a partnership, in which parents and teachers work together closely to ensure that every child receives continual support and encouragement.
Our 'open-door' policy means we value your contribution and welcome you into school at any time to see what is happening, to work alongside a teacher, work with a group of children or accompany us on an outing. We believe that, with your interest and support, the time your son or daughter spends here will be a happy and successful experience.