- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
2 hours per day for 5 days, 38 weeks per year
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Casual Appointment only)
- £9.81 per hour
Ilsington C of E Primary School, part of the Link Multi Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint an After School Club Assistant for five days per week. This is a casual post only and is dependent on attendance numbers.
The post involves promoting and supervising active play and ensuring the safety of all children in our after school club. We are looking for someone who is committed to working with children and can provide a safe and nurturing environment. You will be able to lead the after school club, plan sessions, provide fun activities, order and prepare simple snacks, use your initiative and maintain a high quality environment that children thrive in.
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to build good relationships with children, staff and parents and be a friendly and positive
presence in our school;
- Have excellent English and Maths skills;
- Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and be able to maintain consistent boundaries;
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Have experience in a similar role in a school;
You should have English and Maths to GCSE A-C or equivalent. Level 3 in Early Years would be desirable.
Applying for the job
Completed applications should be emailed direct to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 62 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
About Ilsington Church of England Primary School
Ilsington is a small rural school nestling in the Devon countryside on the edge of Dartmoor with an integrated pre-school working alongside our primary classes and ensuring the highest standard of transition as our children reach primary age. Ilsington has a long history of providing a warm, caring, and creative environment where all children are welcome and where they are encouraged to be independent, active learners. Our school’s culture is firmly rooted in it’s Christian values of Friendship, Kindness, Honesty, Resilience, Respect and Compassion.