After School Club Playworker
We are looking to appoint After-School Playworkers for the Knowledge Schools Trust Primary Schools.
We have two vacancies at West London free School Primary/Earl’s Court Free School Primary, Cambridge Grove, Hammersmith, W6 0LB.
The role provides operational and administrative support to the Primary School Afterschool Provision.
This position is responsible for the smooth delivery of the afterschool provision based at the Trust’s primary schools. In particular breakfast club, after school clubs, after school pay and holiday clubs. They will be responsible for all aspects of managing the play environment, delivering high quality afterschool provision, engaging with the children, dealing with parents and liaising with the schools and Trust.
The role requires a highly child centred approach, the development of creative play contexts, and a strong understanding of safeguarding.
Please see the role outline on the school website for more details.
Essential educational requirements
All year-round flexible contracts
£10.71 per hour (£19,278 FTE)
Some experience of being involved in play or activities, whether in a paid or voluntary capacity in, for example, schools, nurseries, holiday play centres or other equivalent play setting. To include planning, organising and supervising activities.
To demonstrate the ability to:
• Work as part of a team, sharing working knowledge and skills
• Develop a range of play/learning related skills
• Work flexibility, able to rearrange work plans in relating to changing priorities
• Interact sensitively with other workers, children and parents
• Listen to understand the needs, aspirations and problem children
• Able to quickly assimilate new procedures and working methods
• Administer first aid and understand first line child protection with training
You will need to be patient, firm but fair and have a calm approach. After School Care Assistants need good communication skills at all levels in order to build relationships with children, parents and other members of school staff.
Experience of working with children is essential.
Essential skills and experience
Specific qualifications are not a prerequisite of the job but the post-holder will be expected to have:
• Level 2 or 3 in Playwork, Childcare, or equivalent qualification or be willing to undergo training.
• An awareness of the need of children.
• Knowledge of appropriate play activities e.g., sports, games, crafts, stories, song, dance etc.
• A basic awareness of health and safety practices.
• Understanding relevant administration procedures including children registration requirements.
• Understanding equal opportunities issues and practices relating to the aims and objectives of community groups.
• A knowledge of basic record keeping and filing.
About West London Free School Primary
- Cambridge Grove, London, W6 0LB
- Free School
- West London Free School Primary website (opens in a new window)