Church Langton Primary School are looking for a Learning Support Assistant Apprentice to join their school. The ideal candidate will be passionate, have empathy and be hardworking. The role will involve spending some time working 1-2-1 with a child as well as working across the whole school with other age groups.
A Learning Support Assistant Apprentice will work under the direct supervision of a teacher to provide support for teaching and learning and associated activities in accordance with school policies and procedures.
This may include providing general support for whole class learning activities or supporting individuals or small groups of pupils.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To provide agreed support to the teacher in the delivery of planned whole class learning activities
- To work under the direct supervision of a teacher to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teacher’s lesson plans
- To observe and feed back to the teacher on pupil performance and behaviour,
- To support the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils, including contributing ideas and suggestions to support planning, to meet their development needs
- To develop positive relationships with colleagues, providing consistent and effective support and working constructively as a member of the school staff team
- To support pupils to improve their numeracy and literacy skills through focussed learning activities and more generally across the curriculum
- To prepare and utilise ICT resources to support pupils learning
- To prepare and support the use of learning materials and create visual displays, in accordance with the requirements of the teacher, in order to facilitate a relevant physical learning environment
- To provide care and encouragement to children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs, supporting them to participate in activities
- To invigilate internal and external tests and examinations under formal conditions
- To encourage participation in structured and unstructured learning activities, including play (timetabled and during breaks if required)
- To undertake midday supervision and afterschool club duties
As part of our commitment to safer recruitment, references will be taken up prior to interview wherever possible, and this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equality of opportunity in employment and services.
This job post has expired.