Apprentice Teaching Assistant
11 days remaining to apply
Start date details
19 June 2023 at 9am
19 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Part timejobs - 30 hours per week
- Fixed term - 18 Months
- National Minimum Wage
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A strong, ambitious, and intelligent team player who is passionate about supporting young people to enjoy and succeed through their learning journey at Cockburn MAT
- An innovative, resilient, creative and motivated professional with an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education.
- An organised, reliable colleague who is committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve.
What the school offers its staff
- An exceptional CPD programme which is research led, valuable and bespoke
- A growing school with incredible opportunities to develop, be promoted and take on further responsibility
- A Staff Wellbeing group that regularly reviews our approach to workload and operates a wellbeing policy.
- All staff have access to counselling, mental health support, physio and virtual GPs.
- A highly experienced, visible, and supportive Senior and Middle Leadership Team
- A sensible approach to everything that we do, taking staff workload into consideration.
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
- Provision for special leave of absence
- Excellent maternity and paternity entitlements
Further details about the role
Hours: -30 hours per week. Working hours are normally 8.30am – 3.00pm Monday to Friday apart from Tuesday when you will be required to work until 4.00pm. You will receive a 15-minute unpaid break in the morning and a 30-minute unpaid break at lunch time. You will work 38 weeks (you are paid in 12 equal monthly instalments) of the year.
Working context: You will be based at one of the secondary schools with the Multi-academy Trust, (Cockburn School, Cockburn John Charles Academy or Cockburn Laurence Calvert Academy) initially and there may be opportunities to gain experience working across different academies in the Trust.
Pay & Reward: This role will be paid at the equivalent of national minimum wage for your age group and will increase in April 2024 in line with any increases to the national minimum wage.
Age 18-20 £7.49
Age 21-22 £10.18
Age 23 and over £10.42
This post expects the successful candidate to safeguard the welfare of CYP and uphold your professional responsibility.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK-either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cockburn School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1255 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cockburn School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Cockburn School is an inclusive community comprehensive school whose focus on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Cockburn School is now judged as Outstanding in ALL areas by Ofsted in February 2022. A strong care, support guidance structure underpins a curriculum that seeks to develop the potential of every student. Academic rigour valued at all stages we strive create learning experiences provide challenge, engagement achievement. Our vision opportunities within beyond enable student so they become confident, independent successful citizens. We seek widen aspirations students, help them reach destinations are attainable fulfilling. have high expectations academic success personal behaviour believe these best achieved in caring environment. promote respect good manners; fundamental our community. recognise importance individual place local specialism enables students more interested involved arts, as part extended schools programme. ethos involves developing students’ enjoyment participation building self-confidence self-esteem creative abilities which often leads lifelong arts related activities. many see performances exhibitions. work raise attainment quality teaching chosen subjects for ways use new technologies improve whole curriculum. equality opportunity celebrating kinds. aim by creative, reflective learners. Arranging visit Contact 0113 2719962 location Parkside, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5TT If candidates wish please contact us or email email@example.com
Arranging a visit to Cockburn School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teaching Assistant (Dovecote Autism Resource Provision)
Bishop Young Church of England Academy
Bishops Way, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 6NU
Educational Teaching Assistant x 4
All Saints Catholic College
Bradley Bar, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 2JT
Astrea Academy Dearne
Goldthorpe Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S63 9EW
Parkwood E-ACT Academy
Longley Avenue West, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S5 8UL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire