Wilton CE Primary School is happy school with 165 children set on the outskirts of Salisbury. We are looking to appoint a dedicated apprentice teaching assistant to work across the school with a focus on supporting SEND learners in our resource base.
The position involves supporting:
- children’s development of language skills
- children’s behavioural, social and emotional development
- supporting the class teacher/s and the school in achieving its vision
- development, monitoring and evaluation of programmes of work/learning activities
- the children’s development of play and social skills during break
- children at lunch by providing supervision and play opportunities.
We are looking for someone who:
- has an empathetic nature to approach the role in a caring manner
- is inspirational and passionate about making learning fun indoors and outdoors
- strong behaviour management technique
- is self-motivated, reliable and has a good sense of humour
- can make a contribution to the wider school community
In return we can offer:
- Supportive colleagues, parents and governors
- A friendly working environment
- A team where everyone is valued
- A trust which provides training and progression for teaching assistants
- Happy, friendly and enthusiastic learner.
Visits to the school are welcome so that you can see for yourself the amazing children that we have and the supportive learning environment that we foster.
Wilton CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.