- Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £29,915 to £45,766 Outer London
Art and Textiles Teacher job summaryWe are an over-subscribed 11-19 girls’ school in South London and part of the Manor Trust family of schools. Last summer we had our best ever exam results that placed us in the top 10% of schools in the country for student progress, this placed us 4th in the London Borough Of Croydon. It is a unique community where all students and staff are valued as individuals whilst recognising the challenges that young people face.
Main purpose of the job:
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class/ ensuring equality of opportunity for all
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
• Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012)
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
New staff follow an established induction programme while more experienced staff are able to join our middle leadership and senior leadership training programmes. Many among our teaching staff choose to enrol in our school-based MA programme. Run in conjunction with St Mary's University.
The college is a member of PiXL.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Norbury High School for Girls
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 1254 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Norbury High School for Girls is an over-subscribed 11-18 girls’ school ranked in the top 10% of schools in the country. It is a unique community where all students and staff are valued as individuals. We draw strength from our diversity and take pride in our cultural richness and utilise both in preparing students to embrace their places in the local and global communities. We are dedicated to preparing students for the future – to developing confident, motivated and resilient independent learners. Norbury High students are encouraged to establish a strong sense of self-worth; they become articulate young adults who are both creative and enterprising.
Arranging a visit to Norbury High School for Girls
Please call the number above and ask for Debbi McCardie
Find more school jobs in Surrey