Art & Design Teacher
This is an exciting opportunity for an Art & Design teacher who has experience of teaching GCSE Art to join a good generic special school. Art is a very popular subject across the school.
This post is suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher. All staff receive high quality CPD.
We are looking for a talented, creative and ambitious teacher who:
* Is an organised and highly effective classroom practitioner.
* Has a passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all
students in a special school.
* Is committed to enriching our curriculum through involvement in
* Can teach Art to GCSE/BTEC and willing to work flexibly across all
disciplines within the art and design curriculum.
* Is able to teacher Enterprise, PSHE and other subjects across the
curriculum as required by the timetable.
* A team player who is able to work collaboratively with others on
whole school projects.
To work with a range of different students with SEN across the
Essential educational requirements
Relevant degree in Art
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Proven record of consistently effective teaching at Ofsted level 'Good' or above.
Have a secure knowledge of the relevant subject(s) and curriculum areas, foster and maintain student's interest in Art and address misunderstandings.
Know when and how to differentiate appropriately, using approaches which enable students to be taught effectively.
1 SEN Allowance £2,170
About Hednesford Valley High School
- Stanley Road, Hednesford, Staffordshire, WS12 4JS
- Not Applicable
- Special School
- Hednesford Valley High School website (opens in a new window)