Art, Design & Technology Teacher
ADT Teacher (19106)
MPS 1 – UPS 3 (£23,720 - £39,406) per annum (Pro rata for hours)
St Peter & St Paul’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Lincoln
Permanent (13 hours a week, term time only)
Required for January 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed Catholic Multi Academy Trust. St Thérèse of Lisieux CMAT is one of four newly created Catholic Multi Academy Trusts (CMAT’s) in the Diocese of Nottingham, which provides consistent, proactive and high quality support and services to all our head teachers, senior leaders and trustees.
We are seeking an inspirational Art, Design and Technology teacher who is interested in working part time and who will support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning and who will inspire our children to achieve their full potential.
You do not need to be a practising Catholic but must be committed to working within a Christian ethos. The position is 13 hours a week worked over a term time only basis.
The successful candidate will:
• Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
• Model our values and help us to develop outstanding provision in ADT
• Be a consistently good teacher with the potential to be outstanding
• Have a passion for the teaching and learning of ADT
• Be committed to raising of standards across Key Stage 3 and 4
• Be able to inspire pupils to achieve their full potential in English
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to work in an ambitious and genuinely inclusive school
• A positive and progressive working environment
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• The opportunity to learn and develop your teaching abilities, an excellent springboard onto further opportunities
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
If you are interested in applying for the post, application packs are available from our website: - https://www.stl-cmat.org.uk/vacancies.
Applications must be submitted by 23rd October 2019.
Interviews to take place week commencing 28th October 2019.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at email@example.com by the closing date
Essential educational requirements
• Experience of teaching in primary education
• Evidence of CPD and/or school practice
• Qualified to Degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of National Curriculum
• Understanding of the requirements of pupils with SEN and EAL
• High expectations of pupils achievement and behaviour
• Evidence of involvement in curriculum development
• Evidence of experience of subject leadership
• Secure understanding of safeguarding principles and practice
• Experience in the quality improvement cycle of exam results analysis, SEF, SIP, Appraisal
• Evidence of being able to effectively judge the quality of teaching and learning using OFSTED criteria
About St Peter and St Paul, Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Western Avenue, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 7SX
- St Peter and St Paul, Catholic Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)