This job expired on 19 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
14 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Teachers T&Cs
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS (£34,502 - £44,756)/UPS (£49,320 - £53,482), Inner London Pay Scales
On-going extensive CPD programme
Employee assistance programme
Ride to work scheme
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute positively to the team’s objectives.
- Awareness of the ways in which parents, the local community and industry can be involved in students’ learning.
- Successful experience in organisation, planning and record-keeping.
- Understanding of, commitment to and experience of, promoting equal opportunities.
- Successful experience of organising, delivering and evaluating the teaching of the subject area both with regard to methodology as well as content.
- Understanding of the requirements of the National Curriculum and developments in teaching of GCSE and post 16 within the subject area.
- Evidence of commitment to, and enthusiasm in raising of standards and achievement. Qualified Teacher Status within the relevant subject area.
- Experience of teaching all or most of the age range served by the School (11 – 18).
- Well qualified in the appropriate subject area and/or participation in relevant in-service courses and/or further professional study.
- Good ICT Skills
What the school offers its staff
- Excellent support for ECTs in their induction year.
- On-going extensive Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Employee assistance programme
- Ride to work scheme
- Pension scheme
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Alperton Community School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1844 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Alperton Community School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
We are a large, mixed, 11-18 academy with over 350 students in our sixth form. Due to our increased popularity as a school, we expanded our roll in September 2018. Alperton Community School is an inclusive school with a student intake that reflects a wonderfully diverse and vibrant local community. Our students are very well behaved, work hard and are ambitious to succeed. Our most recent Ofsted inspection in July 2021 graded our school as Good "Pupils like coming to school and they enjoy their lessons"; "Pupils can focus because they feel safe"; "Leaders’ expectations of all pupils are high"; "Pupils behave well in school. They focus on their learning in lessons. Pupils follow teachers’ instructions and listen to one another". Student progress at GCSE and A Level has been above national averages for many years with disadvantaged students performing well above national averages. Our progress 8 score has been consistently “above average”. We also see high numbers of our students’ progress to Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities. Student attendance and the percentage of students who remain in education, employment or training are also well above national averages. We are very fortunate to have a brand new school building. The new building has 83 classrooms with purpose-built specialist drama, music, art and DT facilities as well as 14 science laboratories, 10 ICT rooms, a dance studio, an activity studio, a very large sports hall and three outdoor MUGAs. Every classroom is equipped with state-of-the-art ICT facilities. We are very fortunate to have extensive outdoor spaces for break and lunchtime activities. Our school has become internationally recognised following the success of our Art and Textiles teacher Andria Zafirakou who won the $1million Global Teacher Prize recently. The school was recently shortlisted for the TES School of the Year and won the TES Maths Team of the Year. We are one of only four schools in the country to hold the Platinum Professional Development Mark and one of only 100 schools to hold the Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence. Our teachers and support staff are well-qualified, friendly and committed to student achievement. This is an exceptional opportunity. It will offer the successful candidate a friendly, highly supportive and committed working environment within a culture of success and professional growth.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Art and Design Technology
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Carshalton Boys Sports College
Winchcombe Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 1RW
The Stockwood Park Academy
Rotheram Avenue, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 5PP
Harris Academy Greenwich
Middle Park Avenue, London, SE9 5EQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed