We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Art & Design Teacher to join Plymouth High School for Girls. The candidate will be joining a highly successful Art department and will be required to demonstrate an understanding of how to deliver successful lessons at Key Stages 3,4 and 5. The candidate must be able to confidently deliver schemes of work across the spectrum of Art genres.This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or ECT with a passion for Art & Design.
- Be a qualified Teacher.
- To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best in the Subject of Art and Design.
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculumacross the spectrum of Art genres.
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy.
- Implement andsupport all Academy policies.
- Be able to collaborate with other teachers and work cohesively in a team situation.
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by its slogan
“For life, not school, we learn”.“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school “– Latest Ofsted Report
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective Grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment. Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from our Trust
- Minimum starting salary £28,817 (FTE) for all ECTs (NQTs)
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact email@example.com to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps