ASD teacher for Y2/Y3 class
Coston Primary School, Greenford, Middlesex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£35,500 to £45,500|
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the ARP, ensuring equality of opportunity for all., and in particular for children in the Year 2/3 class
• To deliver the National Curriculum as relevant to the age and ability of the children.
• Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all. times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils.
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012).
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Essential educational requirements
1. Qualified teacher status or recognised equivalent
2. Right to work in the UK without visa support
3. Further study focused upon SEN/ Inclusion or ASD (Desirable)
Essential skills and experience
SEE PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR GREATER DETAIL
A minimum of two full years successful teaching with children identified with special educational needs (EHCP) either in mainstream or a special school.
Experience of successful teaching with primary children with autism
The Special Educational Needs Code of Practice and the implementation of other recent education legislation and reports, particularly those related to SEND.
Writing, reviewing and evaluating individual education plans and of implementing individual behaviour plans.
Working with a range of agencies to plan learning opportunities for pupils with special educational needs.
Plan, prepare and deliver the National Curriculum as relevant to the varied ages and abilities of the group/subject that you teach, other relevant initiatives and the school’s own policies.
Assess and record the progress of pupils’ learning to inform next steps and monitor progress.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||432 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Coston Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Coston Primary School
Mainstream Community Primary School with a specialist additional resource for children with Autism
Oldfield Lane South, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 9JU