- Line management of middle leaders and support staff as applicable
- Communicating the school’s vision and driving the strategic leadership, empowering all students and staff to excel
- Demanding ambitious standards for all students, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on students’ outcomes
- Ensuring the highest possible standards for safeguarding students within our community
- Developing existing and new systems and structures to support the efficient running of the school and quality first teaching
- Strategic leadership of Teaching and Learning
- Strategic leadership of Continuing Professional Development
- Leadership of our Performance Development Review system
- Leadership and oversight of aspects of the Personal Development agenda including our Learning for Life provision, Careers, tutor and assembly programmes, and our broad offer of enriching activities, clubs, trips and visits.
- Ensuring effective engagement with families to help maximise student progress.
- The school is committed to the safeguarding of the children in it
- Be a lead professional and role model within our community
- Work with the rest of the Senior Leadership Team in providing clear direction for the development of the school
- Contribute to management decisions on all aspects of policy, development and organisation by playing a significant role in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the school’s plans and self-evaluation.
- Support the Headteacher and staff in the review, implementation, development and monitoring of whole school policies which promote the school’s vision, values and objectives
- Plan, organise and chair meetings as appropriate
- Establish good relationships, encourage good working practices and support and lead teachers and support staff
- Support the Headteacher in the implementation of the school’s appraisal policy
- Liaise with the governing board to facilitate their overview of the school
- Encourage creativity, innovation and the use of new technologies to achieve excellence
Sackville is a popular and oversubscribed large, mixed, 11-18 comprehensive with 1700 students on roll.It is an exceptionally friendly and supportive community built on strong relationships which allow every student to thrive. We invest in our staff, enabling them to pass on their knowledge and love of their subject such that our students are given the very best experience and opportunities to succeed. We have acquired a deserved reputation for fighting for every child, to support every student in achieving their full potential and developing a lifelong love of learning.
Our GCSE results are consistently strong with extremely positive progress 8 scores. Our A level progress is at the top end of all local authority providers.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Please complete the online application.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is available for this job.