Full-time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks
Salary: H4, range £22,631 - £23,857
Start date: November 2023
Are you hardworking, reliable and wishing to work
in a state-of-the-art campus? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join the school’s outstanding premises team as an
Assistant Caretaker. Duties include
security and maintenance of the school site including decorating, DIY tasks, general
porterage and representing the school to external hirers. The successful candidate will be required to
undertake relevant health and safety training.
You may refer to the job description for more information about the
The successful candidate will:
- have relevant experience, preferably in a school
or similar setting
- have professional integrity
- have excellent attention to detail
- have the ability to work well within a team
- promote Sandringham’s ethos and
What can we offer you?
- Annual pay progression
within salary range
- 25 days’ holiday per
year, plus bank holidays
- The chance to work in a positive, welcoming and forward-thinking community where blended learning is seamlessly integrated into teaching and learning
- Coaching provision for all those new to the school within a comprehensive and fully developed induction programme
- A state-of-the-art learning campus which is fully resourced
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
- Cycle to work scheme which is part of the school’s sustainability strategy
- Employee Assistance Programme for staff and their
- We have recently been awarded the MIND Bronze
Wellbeing Accreditation and are committed to supporting the mental, physical
and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school.
Sandringham School is committed to ensuring inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates and encourage those from underrepresented groups, and/or with protected characteristics, to apply.
School is part of the Alban Academies Trust (AAT). The school leads the Alban Teaching School Hub and
is also a designated Computing Hub. In joining Sandringham School, you will also
be joining the AAT. The Trust is a close community of seven schools within Hertfordshire,
three of which are Secondary schools and four are Primary schools. As part of
the AAT we are able to maximise the opportunities for personal, professional
and career development. To learn more about the Trust please visit https://albanacademiestrust.org.uk/
you would like further information regarding this
position please contact Tim Kelly-Swan, School Estate Manager, email: Kelly-SwanT@sandringham.aat.school
Application deadline: 9am on Monday, 25th September 2023
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
This job post has expired.