- Kent Range 5 (£20,595 - £21,693)
Assistant Cover Manager job summary
We wish to appoint 2 Cover Supervisors. The successful applicants will cover classes during teacher absence and assist in other areas in the School as directed. We are looking for a proactive, confident and reliable candidate with excellent organisational and communication skills.
• To cover lessons and be responsible for the whole class in the absence of the regular class teachers – this will involve delivering the set work, monitoring the class and making sure students are kept on task and behaving appropriately
• To be visible on the corridor at times of lesson changes and to secure good behaviour
• When not covering lessons, to support whole school administration as directed by the office
• On a daily basis, cover supervision is likely to include:
• Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
• Managing the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
• Responding to any questions from students about process and procedures
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and
• Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
• Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of students during the class, and any issues arising
Our offer: We create an environment where our staff can thrive and enjoy the work that they do which enables our young people to flourish, gain confidence, achieve and be happy. We have a reputation for being a very caring environment and we have a great record for investing in staff training and development.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Gregory's Catholic School
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1353 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
St Gregory’s is a mixed Catholic Secondary School, ages 11-18 with approximately 1100 students on roll. St. Gregory’s is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2013) which aims to provide a caring and supportive environment in which each individual can flourish.
We firmly believe that there is no ceiling on achievement and that in each student there is the potential to succeed. St. Gregory’s is a place where young people are able to learn and enjoy school, developing their talents to the full. Aspirational targets are embraced by the whole school to ensure attainment and progress is consistently outstanding.
The school is in a rural setting on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells and within easy distance of a main line station. London and the South Coast are easily accessible.
Find more school jobs in Kent