Assistant Curriculum Leader - Law & Politics
37 days remaining to apply
Start date details
1 May 2023 at 9am
13 March 2023
- Key stage 5
- Law, View all Politicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- View all Part timejobs - We welcome applications from staff seeking part-time employment.
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
To support us on the next exciting stage of our development, we are looking to appoint a dedicated and passionate Assistant Curriculum Leader of Law and Politics to lead on our A-Level provision within the Humanities faculty.
The role does not require previous teaching experience of these subjects, just a willingness to learn one or both of these subject areas and support the Humanities faculty by implementing a strong key stage five curriculum. This is an ideal role for somebody wishing to progress within a curriculum setting and support with the leadership of a small team of highly dedicated staff and passionate key stage five students.
The successful applicant will:
- Enhance teaching and learning within the Law and Politics faculty areas.
- Have a detailed understanding of what makes outstanding teaching and learning and demonstrate this across their own practice.
- Design and implement a knowledge-rich and high-quality curriculum for A-Level subjects.
- Maximise progress and achievement in Law and Politics through rigorous monitoring, intervention and review.
- Work with the Humanities leadership team to ensure the best provision is in place for KS5 students.
- Teach either Law or Politics to A-Level students.
- Be committed to the personal development of our students including Post-18 options for KS5 learners.
What the school offers its staff
Our offer to you:
- A unique opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of students
- A highly skilled team to work with and well-resourced class rooms
- A fantastic community of parents and students who deserve the best
- High quality support and mentoring to ensure that you succeed
- Extensive training and development pathways
- Collaborative, collegial family approach to our work
- A positive environment with colleagues who care
- We are passionately committed to staff wellbeing and to extensive opportunities for training and development for all staff. We are developing exceptional training pathways which will enable career development and professional satisfaction. We will offer a first-class programme of professional development for the successful candidate.We work to be an employer of first choice offering a warm welcome for colleagues at any stage of their career, either those just starting out or those with more experience, and exercise flexibility to ensure staff can maintain a healthy life balance.For this reason, we welcome applications from staff seeking part-time employment.
Whilst we welcome applications from all suitable candidates, please be aware that our interview process will require you to attend our Trust in person and all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We believe in the highest standards of pupil behaviour, and support all staff to be able to teach in a calm, disciplined, undisturbed environment. Senior leaders take personal responsibility for ensuring behaviour and attitudes are exemplary.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Waltham Toll Bar Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1960 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Waltham Toll Bar Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01472 502297
Waltham Tollbar Academy, Grimsby, is one of the largest secondary schools in the country, with a firm commitment to providing the best care and welfare of every member of our community. Our academy is a fantastic place to study and work; we are a forward thinking, outward facing, dynamic, Ofsted ‘OUTSTANDING’ school. We are incredibly proud of all that we have achieved and of our longstanding reputation for excellence. This is underpinned by a culture that is dynamic, creative and supports innovation at every level. We push for the very best to support the development of our staff and students. That is why our Academy is a vibrant learning community giving you the potential to accelerate both your teaching and leadership career. This is an exciting time for Waltham Toll Bar Academy with a new Chief Executive of the Trust and a new Headteacher of the school. The new Head is completely dedicated and committed to building even further on the great strengths the school has to ensure it plays a transformative role in the local community and beyond.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Grimsby and Lincolnshire and Lincoln