Assistant Curriculum Leader of English
3 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 March 2023 at 9am
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
- MPS/UPS (£28,000 - £43,685), plus TLR 2b (£3,017)
MPS/UPS (£28,000 - £43,685), plus TLR 2b (£3,017)
What skills and experience we're looking for
As part of a team of subject leads, the Assistant Curriculum Leader of English will:
- Contribute to and support the implementation of the English action plan.
- Oversee the operational running of the department alongside the Curriculum Leader.
- Implement further approaches to promote the progress and outcomes of students in GCSE English Language and Literature.
- Contribute to quality assurance of the department curriculum plans, lessons and student books.
- Oversee specific remits as discussed with and by the Curriculum Leader for English.
- Contribute to the implementation of High Performance Learning into the curriculum.
- Work with English teaching staff to ensure that academy non-negotiables are embedded into English teaching practice.
- Plan and provide effective CPD, as required, to staff in groups or one-to-one.
- Participate in, and contribute to, English leadership team meetings.
- Seek out good practice outside the academy and use this to further refine the English department’s provision.
- Support with the decolonisation and diversification of the English curriculum.
- Develop positive external relationships at a local and strategic level.
- Carrying out any other tasks as required commensurate with the role.
What the school offers its staff
Leeds West Academy is a school with a remarkable sense of community and a strong and safe culture, a place where staff and students can thrive. As judged by Ofsted as ‘Good’ in May 2019, teaching is strong and the support we provide for our students and staff is unrivalled. With improved results year-on-year since 2016, 2019 saw our students secure the best results in the school’s history. In short, there is no better time to join Leeds West Academy, as a colleague, a leader or as a student.
Leeds West Academy is a fabulous place to work, accommodated in £30 million pound world-class facilities which opened in late 2011. As part of the White Rose Academies Trust (a member of the Luminate Education Group), we have a strong reputation of being a caring and supportive organisation. The academy also benefits from an exceptional in-house Trust CPD programme, driven by the latest in educational research, focused on the development of all professionals in the organisation at each career stage. Colleagues train with us, grow with us and progress with us.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and ambitious Teacher of English, to assist the Curriculum Leader with the development and delivery of the English curriculum by supporting our teaching professionals who are committed to ensuring all students continue to achieve beyond their potential. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join an academy dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations, and life chances of young people. The English department is a hive of activity and prides itself on offering an exciting programme, both in curriculum time and beyond. We know that for students to aspire and be successful in all aspects of their lives, they need to be given meaningful and sustained opportunities to develop their cultural capital.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 202 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Leeds West Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1360 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Leeds West Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Leeds West Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Assistant Curriculum Leader of English
Leeds West Academy
Intake Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS13 1DQ
Carleton High School
Green Lane, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 3NW
The Stephen Longfellow Academy
Global Avenue, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 8PG
Teacher of English - Maternity Cover
York High School
Cornlands Road, York, North Yorkshire, YO24 3WZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire