Assistant Director - Drama
18 days remaining to apply
17 April 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- View all Dramajobs
Full-time equivalent salary
- £30,000-£45,200 per annum plus TLR2 - £3,675 per annum
Assistant Director - Drama job summary
Looking for your dream job?
Do you want a new, exciting challenge?
An Exciting Opportunity to join Swindon Academy
The top school in Swindon for GCSE progress for the past six years
The top school in Swindon for GCSE attainment in 2022
Bordering on the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Reading and Oxford
Swindon Academy is looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious colleague to lead Drama. As Assistant Director-Drama you will work alongside our Assistant Director for Music and will be part of our Performance Faculty, which is led by our Director for Performance who is a PE specialist and is a member of our Senior Leadership Team. With superb facilities, and a spectacular building, you will join a school that has a genuine commitment to The Arts. The successful candidate will be energetic, creative and have a passion for teaching drama across the age and ability range.
Salary: Highly competitive (with TLR2 - £3,675 per annum)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2023
Swindon Academy is a very good all-through (3-18) school at the heart of the local community. We provide high quality educational opportunities for the children we serve at each stage of their school journey, striving to ensure every young person leaves the academy with the skills, strength of character and qualifications to be successful in their lives after school. Since opening as part of United Learning, in 2007, the school has gone from strength to strength, where the quality of education within the classroom and beyond makes this the school of choice for local families. From these strong foundations, we believe Swindon Academy has the potential to become an extraordinary school. We seek to provide outstanding education and bring out ‘The best in everyone’ every single day for all of our students.
We are looking for an Assistant Director-Drama who:
- is aligned to our school’s vision and values. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here,
- is a well-qualified, excellent teacher who is passionate about their subject and is a great practitioner with high expectations in the classroom,
- is truly committed to making a difference to Swindon (SN2) students and passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. Someone that does not make excuses for what children can achieve. You will have a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students,
- is committed to continuous improvement,
- has energy and demonstrates commitment to all aspects of school life,
- is a dynamic leader with high expectations and a commitment to improvement,
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to lead in a team.
Swindon Academy can offer you:
- the opportunity to work in the best school in Swindon for the progress students make over their time with us. Progress 8 score 0.69 and for pupil premium students 0.57
- the opportunity to work within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school, where a supportive ‘hands on’ leadership team is completely determined to create an environment in which teachers can get on with their core role: delivering excellent lessons
- the opportunity to work alongside a strong team of hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff and with
- enthusiastic, friendly, and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- an exceptional salary, above the maintained sector by 5% on average
- a rigorous whole-school ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system resulting in disruption-free learning
- a fully resourced curriculum with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- an excellent CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher &/or leader
- a coaching culture, where teachers develop as reflective practitioners, utilising shared best practice and evidence-based teaching and learning initiatives
- a commitment to work life balance for all staff
Why choose us
We can offer you a school where we are proud to teach a knowledge-rich curriculum. You will receive excellent CPD to develop your subject pedagogy and classroom management. You will have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources. We guarantee disruption free learning in EVERY lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a calm and respectful ethos.
We have a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff who work with SLT and teachers to support pupils. This enables us to have a 98% record of homework completion with centralised detentions for non-completion. We also have a varied extra-curricular programme which helps our students grow and develop into rounded individuals.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to find out more, please email email@example.com (Interim Principal) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Cluster HR Officer). We will arrange an informal phone call to talk about the role or a visit.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 17th April 2023.
Applying for the job
Using the application form
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in new tab)
About Swindon Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1930 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Swindon Academy website (opens in new tab)
All Through Academy
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Swindon and Wiltshire and Swindon