Assistant Director of English
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptionally talented colleague to join our vibrant and ambitious school. Based in the north west of Leeds, Benton Park is a large and successful oversubscribed school.
Our vision is to ‘Create a climate of great learning, success and opportunity’. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school where ‘students have positive attitude to learning in their lessons, showing respect towards teachers and their peers’ and where ‘teachers work hard to raise the expectations of all students through their planning to stretch and challenge them in their learning’ (OFSTED 2018).
The successful candidate will be or have the potential to become an outstanding Assistant Director of English and have an unwavering commitment to raising standards within the English Faculty. You will be highly motivated, creative and resilient; possessing the necessary vision and skills to deliver inspirational teaching whilst also having the focus and drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached.
We will offer you a comprehensive professional development programme both in school and as a member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance. We would welcome applications from candidates with the experience and ambition to become part of our Senior Leadership Team.
So if you share the school’s ambitions to raise standards and aspirations, and possess a desire to have a positive impact on our young people, their families and the wider community, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
• education to degree level or equivalent
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• an excellent track record of recent, relevant professional development
• responsibility for an area of whole school performance
• experience of effective teaching and performance.
• Outstanding practitioner
• experience of working as a strong leader and as a member of a team in an educational setting
• innovative approaches to working with students, parents, staff and other stakeholders
• initiate, lead and manage change programmes
• prioritise, plan and organise
• direct and co-ordinate the work of others
• set high standards and provide a role model for students and staff
• deal sensitively with people and resolve conflicts
• a commitment to an open and collaborative style of management
About Benton Park School
- Harrogate Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS19 6LX
- LA Maintained School
- Benton Park School website (opens in a new window)